Maths Curriculum Overview
Our maths curriculum develops true mathematical understanding right from the start. We recognise the importance of maths in our children’s daily lives and so our curriculum helps our children to:
- learn the skills of numeracy, geometry and measure that can be used in everyday life and developed later for the specific demands of a particular career
- develop problem-solving and reasoning skills that are so vital in day-to-day life
- develop thinking skills – an invaluable skill in every subject area.
Our Maths Curriculum gives our school:
- A consistent whole-school approach. A structured and coherent mathematics curriculum for the whole school, helping us to deliver a high-quality mathematics education to every child.
- High expectations for all. Underpinned by the ambition for all children to excel and develop a sense of excitement about mathematics.
- Fluency with number. Strong emphasis is placed on developing quick and accurate number skills.
- Deep understanding. Using a powerful learning system of concrete objects, actions and vocabulary, a solid understanding maths is developed from the earliest stages, leading to strong reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Continued Professional Development. Supported by the Curriculum Leader to offer guidance and support throughout the key stages.
MyMaths is a subscription-based mathematics website which can be used on interactive whiteboards or by students and teachers at home. MyMaths is currently used in over 80% of secondary schools in the UK, and has over 4 million student users in over 70 countries worldwide.
To visit the My Maths website please Click Here.